December 09, 2014

The One Who Met Julie

Friends.
Can't live with them.
Can't imagine life without them.

Unless they are an ex.
Then maybe you could live without them.
Or at least without being Facebook friends.
You know, real friendship status.

The other kind of "Friends" I love
can be found on Netflix starting Jan 1st.

Well, there's a "Friends" episode 
where Rachel finally realizes she loves Ross.

Took her long enough

Ross is coming back from China 

and Rachel decides to meet him at the airport 
to confess her love.

She sees him getting off the plane 

but there's a girl with him.

Julie.

Turns out Ross met someone. 
In China. 
And brought her back.

Rachel, obviously blind sided, 
gives one of the best lines I've heard from the show -



"Isn't that just kick you in the crotch, spit on your neck fantastic?!"

Welcome to my life.
Yes, I actually got to say that line recently.
Why?
Oh, because my Ross found his Julie in China.

And they are now FBO. 
Yes, even the profile picture.

So, this makes me Rachel.
The girl who told him to go to China.
The one who thought it would work out when he came home.

Well, surprise!
We have a Julie.

I thought I was okay.
I thought I accepted that he met someone.
At least that's what my last blog post said.

Turn's out, 
I'm not okay.

You really don't realize how much someone means to you 
until they leave. And right now, I feel like I have nothing.

I lost my person.
My best friend.
My second family.

And now, a month after we decided to take some time apart,
after building something for seven years,
he's already found his Julie.

Someone he would rather talk to about life.
Share experiences with.
Be around and care about

It only took him a month.

And everyone who has reached out says,
"Go out and find someone better" 
"You should just Tinder."

Yeah, no.
I can't even imagine going on a date with someone.
It actually makes me cringe.

The definition of moving on should not be finding someone new.
It should be learning to love yourself 
without having someone there for you.

And that's what I'm trying to do.
Love myself and tell myself that I would need 
a hell of a lot longer than one month to get over this.

Because I do wear my heart on my sleeve.
I may be dead inside but I care so much about other people
that I would rather them be happy than me.

Thus, why I could never say anything bad about my Ross.
Yes, he broke my heart. 
To a point where I just feel nothing but pain.

I'm hurt that he could ever make me feel this way
because I thought it wasn't possible.

Because if someone truly cares about you, how could they do this?
How could they make you feel like nothing?
Like it was so easy for them to move on from you?

I honestly don't know or understand.
I'm still searching for answers.

I'm trying to focus on myself, family and friends
but of course with the holiday's creeping up on us
all I think about is the past.

It's like I'm morning the loss of someone,
which is really pathetic.

He's alive.
He's just living his life with someone else now.

His Julie.

Fucking Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment