March 19, 2015

The One Who Turned Me Around

Well, that escalated quickly

If you've read my last few blog posts, 
you would think I'm the most depressing,
sad, lost in this world, female around.

And I was.
Was being the key word there.

It's fascinating how you can feel like
nothing will get better. That you have to run away
to get away from all of the negative feelings.
And convince yourself that you will never find someone again.

How can our minds or hearts trick us so much
into thinking that one moment of heart break
is the end of the world?

A cruel, cruel trick…
but maybe it's what we need
to appreciate what comes along next.
And to realize we deserve better.

I didn't think my "next" would show up
beyond my failed online dates.
More on that later, of course…

And I definitely did not think my "next"
would show up in Vegas.
Being someone I technically already knew.

Thanks to a dear friends surprise birthday party,
I met someone pretty cool.

I wasn't planning on going because I was still down.
But my friend is probably the greatest person
in the world, so I said yes last minute.

One of the guys attending caught my eye.
Not because I just thought he was cute but
because he looked familiar.

Turns out we went to high school together!
I try to branch out of my home town guys
but they keep reeling me back in…

Well, we hit it off through our similar sense of humor,
Vegas gambling problems & great looks. 
Obvi.

While we hit it off, neither of us had guts
to ask if the other was single. 
Until one of us had a littttttle too much to drink…

For our final night, the nine of us went clubbing.
That's were my boy went a tad overboard on the booze.
But thank goodness he did!

"So, can I take you out on a date?"
"Sure!"

5 minutes later.

"So, can I take you out on a date?"
"Ummm sure…"

5 minutes later.

"Can I take you on a date?"
"Ask me one more time and I'm going to say no!"

He finally stopped asking but then I thought,
what if he doesn't even remember this?!

Thankfully the next day he asked 
when I was free for our date.

Which ended up to be his dad's birthday dinner.
Yes, on our 1st date I met his entire family.
But I'll leave that for another post…

It's been a few months since our Vegas meeting
and I still like having him around.

Of course I put up major walls in the beginning,
even pushing him away by saying
"I don't want a boyfriend out of this."

Why? 
Because I wasn't over the last one at the time.
And I was afraid of getting hurt again.
Heck, I'm still afraid.

He is sweet, a gentleman, hilarious, handsome and 
doesn't make me feel like I have to be anyone else.

Something I didn't think I'd find again so soon.

But, he's also guy still figuring out his life
and sometimes you have to do that
without worrying about how someone else will fit in.

Who knows where this will end up
or how long it will last, but right now 
I love having someone to share experiences with,
who takes the time to make time.

He's already shown me that I can get past the bad.
He turned everything around for me,
which he probably does not even realize, 
and I will forever be thankful for that.

So, it will get better.
Things will turn around.

It just takes some rock bottom moments
to help you realize that there is so much good waiting for you
once you realize that you're worth it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment