October 14, 2015

But a Monkey Could Do That...

You know people appreciate you
when they take the time to send you memes.

I mean, do you know the effort it takes to Google, 
search through photos, copy, paste & send those things?!

About 5 minutes.

And those 5 minutes could be spent doing real work.
But when you're determined to make someones
day, you sacrifice those precious minutes!

Lucky me, I was awarded one of those memes today.

But first, some background.

My job is in social media.
Yes, it's a real job…
And yes, I'm on Facebook all day.

I'm living the life basically.

Due to this, some people make fun of me.
AKA saying anyone could do my job.

Which, if you're in social media, it's a lot harder than it looks!
Anyways…I asked a co-worker for help today &
jokingly asked him to write a tweet for me.

Being the "kind" person that he is, he actually did it!
Makes my life easier…

After I told him I was only joking, he sent me this -


To which I said,
"That would be amazing if you just found this vs. made it. Such is my life…"

And then he responded with - 


I laughed out loud when I saw that email. 
And then wrote - 

"This is hilarious. Thank you for making me feel useless, 
yet appreciated at the same time?"

Yes, that is a question because I'm still
deciding how serious he is about the whole
monkey doing my job thing…

But until they can find a monkey that can do what I do 
(which is way more impressive & probably costs more than me) 
I guess I'm needed in this position.

What a way to start a Wednesday!
It's almost the weekend. It's almost the weekend.
It's almost the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment